Snacks for a Winter CampfireFebruary 5, 2019
As the winter weather continues, you may enjoy having a backyard campfire gathering in order to enjoy the outdoors even in the chilly months. And what is a campfire without snacks? At Perry Homes, we have compiled this list of delicious treats for you and your loved ones to enjoy around a roaring flame.
A campfire classic, you will be hard-pressed to find an individual who does not love roasting marshmallows and pressing them between some gooey chocolate and graham crackers. All you need for this traditional snack is the following:
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate bar
If you want to add variety, consider purchasing chocolate and peanut butter candy as well as chocolate bars for that extra burst of flavor!
Pizza is always a crowd pleaser, no matter what age range you are entertaining. While many people probably do not associate pizza with campfires, making this decadent dish with the aid of a campfire is a fun and relatively simple process. While there are many ways to prepare campfire pizza, the easiest way is with a grill plate for a campfire and pizza stone.
- 1 pound of refrigerated pizza dough
- ¼ cup of pizza sauce
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings to taste
- Place pizza stone on the grill directly over the wood fire.
- Roll out the pizza dough to the desired thickness.
- Place dough on the pizza stone and cook for ten minutes until one side is golden.
- Remove pizza from the fire and spread the pizza sauce evenly over the cooked side of the dough. Remember to leave a portion uncovered in order to form the crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly on top of the sauce, followed by any toppings you prefer.
- Place the uncooked side down on the pizza stone to cook.
- Cover the pizza with a foil tent and cook until the cheese has melted. This will usually take about ten minutes.
- Once the pizza is cooked, move it onto a cutting board to cool before cutting and serving.
Roasted Cinnamon Rolls
Want something that is sweet and different than s’mores to enjoy around the campfire? Consider putting together this scrumptious cinnamon roll recipe for a snack that is both mouthwatering and simple to make.
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 tube of refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
- Remove the icing from the cinnamon rolls and transfer to a resealable plastic bag for later use.
- Separate the cinnamon rolls and cut each one in half.
- Roll the halves around a long metal skewer in ropes. Pinch the ends to secure them.
- Place the rolls over a campfire until golden brown while turning them occasionally to make sure they cook evenly. This process usually takes about five minutes.
- Once they are cooked, brush them with butter and sprinkle on the sugar mixture.
- Cut a small corner in one corner of the icing bag and drizzle the icing over the twists.
Make this winter one to remember with the help of Perry Homes. Check out our beautiful new homes for sale and remember to visit our blog regularly for more inspiration and ideas about how to make this season unforgettable!